The Yew Chung Education Foundation is a registered non-profit Association in Hong Kong, and the proud School Sponsoring Body of the Yew Chung International School (Hong Kong) and the Yew Chung College of Early Childhood Education.
With its sister institutions, the Foundation is part of a network of international kindergartens, schools, and college that provides quality education to over 10,000 students, spanning from infancy to tertiary, across 20 locations in Hong Kong, mainland China and Silicon Valley in the US.
Our mission is to raise globally competent and compassionate leaders with a servant’s heart, who aspire to, and act for, a better world.
- We believe that the core purpose of education is character formation, and it is the most important shared responsibility of the school and home.
- We believe that each child is unique, with innate talents and gifts that should be nurtured to the fullest potential.
- We believe that quality student-teacher relationships are at the heart of meaningful engagement, leading to highly effective learning and teaching.
- We believe that ‘Learning Communities’ best enable students and teachers to creatively and holistically explore different fields of knowledge, fostering individual and collaborative learning skills that are critical for the 21st century.
- We believe in equipping our graduates with a deep respect for and understanding of world cultures, mastery of Chinese and English, plus proficiency in other modern languages, as well as a strong commitment to meeting challenges of their generation.
This authentic, bilingual, holistic education philosophy has been developed and refined for decades.
This is our life’s work – Yew Chung’s unique brand of education.